This Holistic Yoga Teacher Training and Character Development course offers a profound teaching of the anatomical and philosophical underpinnings of Yoga. You’ll deepen your knowledge of the practice and of yourself, while at the same time becoming prepared to share the gifts of yoga and meditation with others! Come and enjoy the sweet serenity of living on a sustainable farm at the base of the Rocky Mountains, during the lush Colorado Summertime. Together we’ll immerse ourselves into a daily routine of yoga and meditation, and you will be supported to cleanse your own being from the inside out while revealing your inner yoga teacher.
Sunrise Ranch in serene Loveland, Colorado is nestled in the foothills of the Rocky Mountains. This thriving sustainable farm and ranch serves as a teaching and demonstration site for conscious living. It is a place for learning, personal development and thriving community, a place for the implementation of enlightened thinking and enlightened technology. It is also a place to pioneer a new relationship with Planet Earth and the natural world. Come immerse yourself in a supportive yogic lifestyle, surrounded by the organic gardens that will nurture us through hand-prepared healthy vegetarian cuisine.
As you step into your daily Sadhana at Sunrise Ranch, you will be surrounded by all the elements of nature. In the powerful Colorado outdoors we will be living among the towering Pine trees, Aspen groves, giant rock formations, the peaks of the Rocky Mountains, and the cool, clean water of Green Ridge Glade Reservoir. Enjoy comfortable accommodations and hand-prepared healthy vegetarian cuisine.
7:00 – 9:30 am Meditation, Pranayama & Asana Practices
10:30 – noon Special Topics
2 – 5 pm Art of Teaching
7 – 9 pm Nidra / Kirtan / Satsang / Philosophy (every-other night)
**3-4 days-off are woven in to the training schedule. Registered participants will receive a detailed syllabus and schedule about a month before the training begins.
Teacher Training Topics:
The Yoga Asana and Art of Teaching emphasizes both energetic and physical alignment. Participants learn to guide flowing Hatha, Vinyasa, and Specialty Classes. In a moving meditation we build strength and endurance while at the same time creating a sense of calm and quiet. In this manner, yoga practice becomes an exquisite integration of breath, balance, strength, endurance, natural health and meditation.
Our comparative teaching approach exposes participants to many different methods and traditions so that they may each find their own unique style. Upon completion of the course you will receive your RYT-200 (National Yoga Alliance) Certificate and can register with the Yoga Alliance on their Internationally-Recognized Directory of Yoga Teachers!
Teacher training topics include:
- Advanced Pranayama (Breathing Exercises)
- Meditation & Yoga Nidra
- Asana (Hatha & Vinyasa Flow; Gentle / Restorative & Specialty Classes)
- Yoga Philosophy, Spirituality, Ayurveda, Sanskrit
- Healing Arts, Healthy Lifestyles, Sustainable Living
- Yogic Diet, Earth Medicine, Organic Living, Seva
- Revealing the Inner Teachers & Asana In-Depth
- Ancient Wisdom, Yoga Anatomy & Physiology, Energetic Awareness
- Upcoming Session:
- Registration: To register, please complete the RYT Registration form.
- What to budget: Tuition for the RYT200 Certification Course: $2,400. Payment Options
- Deposit: Minimum $450 deposit is required to secure your spot in the training
- Class size: Our training programs foster an intimate learning environment with small student-teacher ratios. Maximum 14 participants will be accepted into each training.
- Housing & Meal Packages at Sunrise Ranch: https://sunriseranch.org/accommodations/
- Additional Costs: Required books (Yoga Sutras, Yoga Anatomy & Ashtanga Yoga Practice Manual) – approx. $60
Each participant is required to independently book their own travel, housing and food arrangements. For more information, visit the Student Resources page.