300hr Advanced Yoga Teacher Training
Aug 25, 2021 - Mar 22, 2022 (7-month program)
The 300hr Advanced Yoga Teacher Training is available to those who have already completed their 200hr certification. This training will take your yoga teaching skills and credentials to the next level.
Topics include strategic class planning, sequencing, and delivery. You’ll gain a deeper understanding of student safety and how to best promote it utilizing effective cueing; and the Art and Science of adaptable yoga teaching.
Theme-weaving, advanced yoga philosophy, Sanskrit, advanced Pranayama and Asana, and yogic business planning are just a few of the topics covered.
Meet Your Facilitators
While Dennis is no longer walking the earthly plane, his teachings will continue to live on through the countless lives he’s impacted, including all of us here at Holistic Yoga School.
Registration: Fill out the RYT-300 Registration Application
- In-Person Attendance Option
- This is an in-studio option that we’ve designed with covid-safety in mind. You’re guaranteed a spot in the yoga room and also have the option to attend via online live-stream at any time. Max 9 participants will be accepted for this option. Please note that in the event of another shutdown, the entire training will be moved to a virtual format and in that case no refunds would be provided for participants who originally registered with this option.
- Online-Hybrid Attendance Option (70-100% online with the option to attend up to 30% in-person)
- A $500 discount will be applied.
- This is a virtual option to live-stream most of the training from your home. Online participants will be held to the same attendance, participation, and course completion requirements.
- Hybrid Component – You’ll have the option to attend in-person or live-stream for the following classes (~30% of the training):
- outdoor classes at Lake Windsor (weather-permitting on Sat and Sun afternoons)
- the Electives, Practicum and Apprenticeship components
- weekend retreat (alternative dates may be necessary depending on class size)
Program Cost: Tuition for the RYT300 Certification Course is currently $3400. Price will be increasing 1/1/21. Sign Up today to lock-in the current rates and save $300.
- Deposit: Minimum $450 deposit is required to secure your spot in the training
Retreat Accommodations: Various options are available:
- day-use only commuter fee ($27); camping ($50); shared room ($130); private ($200)
- The meal package is $100 for healthy vegetarian cuisine hand-prepared by a private chef.
Required Reading Materials: Approx $75. Book list will be provided.
HYS 300-hr Yoga Teacher Training Topics:
Serving Special Populations
- promoting student safety
- trauma-aware yoga teaching
- language of empowerment and inclusivity
- presence, humility, boundaries
- investigative research findings
Developing More Skillful Teaching
- sacred space and ritual
- embracing THE traditional styles
- embracing YOUR authentic style
- strategic planning & sequencing
- designing creative sequences
- flexibility in teaching
- flowing into classes – feeling the room and adapting your plan
- voice and word choice
- the art and science of adaptable yoga teaching
- beginners, intermediate/advanced, mixed-level classes
- all-levels techniques – leaving no-one behind or unchallenged!
- Responding to injuries and conditions
Advanced Techniques, Training & Practice
- energetic anatomy in-depth
- subtle body anatomy
- Prana Vayus
- Mandala, Yantras, gem, color, aroma techniques
- Asana alignment & assisting
- Science of Pranayama
- breath training
- advanced techniques
- physical anatomy in-depth
- advanced yoga anatomy, physiology & kineseology
Business & Technology - the Craft of Yoga
- building business and revenue streams
- online presence – website, social media, etc.
- intro to branding, copyright and TM
- clientele tracking, communication, and follow-through
- planning and delivering retreats, workshops and series
- registration systems & payment processing platforms
- marketing, recruiting, promotional
- studio and class logistics
- understanding YA credentials and continuing education
- maximizing your employability within the field of Yoga
- finding happiness and abundance in your work
Advanced Yoga Philosophy & Lifestyle
- history of yoga in-depth
- personal practice
- guiding others
- facilitating Yoga Nidra
- Ayurveda in-depth
- seasons & moons, concept of Astral worlds
- Law of Karma / Karma Yoga
- Sanskrit in-depth
- Symbology of Hindu Gods & Goddesses
- Eight Limbs Level 2; Yamas & Niyamas Level 2
- Kleshas & Kriya Yoga
- the yoga of sound; Mantra Anushthan
- Learn to guide chants in a group setting
- daily peer and group teaching as a part of Art of Teaching
- teach 4 full yoga classes and receive feedback
- attend peers’ yoga classes and provide feedback
- assist yoga classes and provide adjustments (apprenticeship program)
- design your own Retreat, Series or Workshop
- Apprenticeship and Practicum requirements will be scheduled individually with each participant.