300hr Advanced Yoga Teacher Training
Sept 22, 2021 - Mar 13, 2022 (6-month evening / weekend program)
The 300hr Advanced Yoga Teacher Training is available to those who have already completed their 200hr certification. This training will take your yoga teaching skills and credentials to the next level. More than a yoga teacher training, this is also a self-healing and character-building program with an emphasis on yogic lifestyle, philosophy, meditation and holistic health.
Other topics will include strategic class planning, sequencing, and delivery. You’ll gain a deeper understanding of student safety and how to best promote it utilizing effective cueing; and the Art and Science of adaptable yoga teaching. You’ll learn Trauma-Sensitive teaching techniques from trained experts who are actively teaching Yoga Therapy in the field. Our school also places a particular emphasis on increasing awareness around diversity and inclusivity in the yoga studio.
Theme-weaving, advanced yoga philosophy, Sanskrit, advanced Pranayama and Asana, and yogic business planning are just a few of the topics covered. This is a very hands-on training with daily peer teaching, interactive group discussions, the opportunity to teach 3 full yoga classes, and design your own Retreat or Workshop Series.
Registration: Fill out the RYT-300 Registration Application
- In-Person Attendance Option
- Max 10 participants will be accepted.
- Optional housing packages are available
- You can stay overnight at the Retreat Center! Various camping / share room / private room options are available for $25 – $100 per night.
- Online-Hybrid Attendance Option (70-100% online with the option to attend some classes in-person)
- A $500 discount will be applied.
- This is a virtual option to attend most of the training from your home via a combo of pre-recorded and live-stream classes.
- Online participants will be held to the same attendance, participation, and course completion requirements.
- Hybrid Component – You’ll have the option to attend in-person or live-stream for these parts (~30% of the training):
- the Electives, Practicum and Apprenticeship components
- the Weekend Retreat
- outdoor classes (weather permitting)
Program Cost: $3675.
- Deposit: Minimum $450 deposit is required to secure your spot in the training.
Required Reading Materials: Approx $75. Book list will be provided
300hr Teacher Training Location
Wilder-Nest Retreats, 9144 Glade Rd. in Loveland, CO
Sept 22 - Mar 13
*A virtual live-stream option is available for all classes.
Meet Your Facilitators
While Dennis is no longer walking the earthly plane, his teachings will continue to live on through the countless lives he’s impacted, including all of us here at Holistic Yoga School.
HYS 300-hr Yoga Teacher Training Topics:
Serving Special Populations
- promoting student safety
- trauma-aware yoga teaching
- language of empowerment and inclusivity
- presence, humility, boundaries
- investigative research findings
Developing More Skillful Teaching
- sacred space and ritual
- embracing THE traditional styles
- embracing YOUR authentic style
- strategic planning & sequencing
- designing creative sequences
- flexibility in teaching
- flowing into classes – feeling the room and adapting your plan
- voice and word choice
- the art and science of adaptable yoga teaching
- beginners, intermediate/advanced, mixed-level classes
- all-levels techniques – leaving no-one behind or unchallenged!
- Responding to injuries and conditions
Advanced Techniques, Training & Practice
- energetic anatomy in-depth
- subtle body anatomy
- Prana Vayus
- Mandala, Yantras, gem, color, aroma techniques
- Asana alignment & assisting
- Science of Pranayama
- breath training
- advanced techniques
- physical anatomy in-depth
- advanced yoga anatomy, physiology & kineseology
Business & Technology - the Craft of Yoga
- building business and revenue streams
- online presence – website, social media, etc.
- intro to branding, copyright and TM
- clientele tracking, communication, and follow-through
- planning and delivering retreats, workshops and series
- registration systems & payment processing platforms
- marketing, recruiting, promotional
- studio and class logistics
- understanding YA credentials and continuing education
- maximizing your employability within the field of Yoga
- finding happiness and abundance in your work
Advanced Yoga Philosophy & Lifestyle
- history of yoga in-depth
- personal practice
- guiding others
- facilitating Yoga Nidra
- Ayurveda in-depth
- seasons & moons, concept of Astral worlds
- Law of Karma / Karma Yoga
- Sanskrit in-depth
- Symbology of Hindu Gods & Goddesses
- Eight Limbs Level 2; Yamas & Niyamas Level 2
- Kleshas & Kriya Yoga
- the yoga of sound; Mantra Anushthan
- Learn to guide chants in a group setting
- daily peer and group teaching as a part of Art of Teaching
- teach 3 full yoga classes and receive feedback
- attend peers’ yoga classes and provide feedback
- assist yoga classes and provide adjustments (apprenticeship program)
- design your own Retreat, Series or Workshop
- Apprenticeship and Practicum requirements will be scheduled individually with each participant.